Employment Opportunity Capital Infrastructure Manager
Reports To: Band Administrator
The Capital Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the management of the Soda Creek Indian Band capital projects and Infrastructure, to include water, sewers, roads and buildings as assigned, and the inspection of the Soda Creek Indian Band buildings and physical services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Soda Creek Indian Band policies, standards and procedures, and as directed by the Band Administrator
2. Maintains confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of the Soda Creek Indian Band
1. Develops an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives for programs and services, including program delivery and evaluation
2. Supervises capital projects ensuring they are completed on time and within budget
3. Meets regularly with government bodies, industry, First nations organizations, etc. to share information and identify problem areas, and works towards developing solutions to issues
4. Consults and liaises with other housing, public works, maintenance and capital experts to share information and to potentially formulate joint special projects which would enhance the delivery of existing programs and services
5. Coordinates and oversees the construction of Band construction projects in accordance with applicable building codes and other Provincial and Federal regulations
6. Coordinates contractors and sub trades
7. Operates equipment in the performance of responsibilities
8. Inspects public buildings, roads, and utilities for health safety and conditions, and develops a written report(s)
9. Responds to emergencies to include water, sewer and buildings
Human Resources and Administration:
1. Oversees and supervises all, construction staff & contractors; involved in the recruitment and development of staff
2. Takes responsibility for the orientation, performance review and development of staff
1. Prepares an annual budget and five year capital projects budget for approval of the Band Administrator and monitors expenditures throughout the year to stay within budget
2. Establishes and maintains annual operating budget and works to secure adequate revenue and funding
• Prefer completion of related courses, to include construction management, estimating, budgeting,
inspections, supervision and computers
• Prefer Journeyman Trade Certification (e.g. carpentry)
• Non-standard hours of work
• Responds to rare after-hours or emergency calls; may be classified as “on-call” per company policy
Conditions of Employment
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Criminal Records Check
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid BC Driver’s Licence
• Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition and appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements OR access to company vehicle is provided and requires a valid Driver’s Licence
• Holds a Level 1 Occupational First Aid certificate, WHMIS, Transportation and Endorsement
• Maintenance and Infrastructure staff
• Include your wage expectations
How to apply
• For a complete job description and application package, please visit the Employment Section of the Soda Creek Indian Band website at: www.xatsull.com
1. Please provide a cover letter with salary expectations and availability.
2. Complete Job Application Form.
3. Resume with Three work related job references.
Email your application to
Deanna Dormuth, Executive Assistant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail your application to: Fax to: 250-989-2300 Attention: Deanna Dormuth
Soda Creek Indian Band 3405 Mountain House Road Williams Lake, BC V2G 5L5
Application Deadline: February 26, 2019 by 4PM
Applications will be accepted by email, hand delivery, fax, or by mail.
NOTE: Applications received after 4:00PM on February 26, 2019 will not be considered. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.